Friday, September 11, 2009

CG45366250A

That's the serial number on my first $100 federal reserve note.
It says that on the top-left and on the bottom-right. It also says G7 on the top-left, which probably means something to somebody. It's from series 2001.
I don't really remember my first bit of currency from any denomination $20 or lower, down to the penny. I'm not sure if I've ever had a $50 note.
This isn't my first $100. It's just my first $100 bill.
Some people hang on to their firsts, but if I did that, then I'd be losing the $100 value for this, as though I'd destroyed it. I'm about to put it, along with some other cash, into one of my savings accounts, for various reasons. There's a good chance that I'll never see this particular note again. In fact, I have no idea when I'll next handle a $100 note, since they're not all that handy. I'd much rather use 5 twenties if I have to carry around such a large chunk of change. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I've had over $100 in my wallet in the past from just that.
Anyway, the next time that you get your hands on a one-hundred dollar federal reserve note, if you care to, check the serial number. If it's CG45366250A, then know that that was my first such note.

No comments: