Saturday, October 31, 2015

Sudden Short Story 95

The army of the frozen kingdom stood aside, as the man in the bronze armor approached the king, who sat upon his icy throne. 
"You have destroyed much of the beauty of my kingdom," said the king.  "What is it that you seek?" 
"I seek to restore warmth to the world," replied the man. 
"But why?" asked the king.  "What do you want from us?  I can grant many things in exchange for your departure." 
"The warmth that I bring is not meant as a weapon.  Your kingdom is merely a casualty in my process of restoring warmth to the world.  For the sake of the world as it was before your eternal kingdom rose, I channel heat itself.  I am sorry." 
"Do not think my army a trifle," said the king, and his knights began to lead an approach on the bronze one, but it was too late.  He had already begun to glow his yellow light, and their swords melted away, and then the throne, and then their shields, and then their armor.  The castle itself began to liquefy and recede, and the army fell. 
"You were willing to negotiate," said the man with the untold heat in him.  "I will remember that, and plant a leafy tree in your honor." 
And with that, the king melted. 

No comments: