Thursday, February 7, 2008

Announcement: Story Publication

I once came up with an idea for a story. I think that it was around 1999-2000 CE, or thereabouts, when I did it. But, I never got the chance to write it all out. Now, here it is, 2008, and I still haven't written it. Ideally, I would write it all out, proofread it, round out the rough edges, and eventually take it to a publisher to publish. Of course, that takes time.
That, by itself, wouldn't be such a big deal, except that, when I came up with it, the story was taking place in the future. To be precise, it took place in a near future - and that future is much closer now than it was back then. So, I would like to at least get it out there when it's still in the future (though it probably would have been best if published when I first came up with it, due to perspective changes and such).
So, here's the plan. I'm going to write portions of it on this blog. I make no assurances about how long or frequent the posts will be, nor do I claim that I will publish it continuously (I'll likely have miscellaneous posts in between story chunks). I don't even promise that the posts will be in order (though I do intend to make the order clear).
Also, I might revise the chunks of the story at any time, mainly to make them sound or flow better. The story itself is basically set, but the prose is still uncreated.
When I do this depends on how available I am, whether I remember about my blog, whether I feel like it, and possibly other factors.
P.S.: I also might come up with other stories and do this with them, though I'd probably stick to short stories until I finish this one.

No comments: