Friday, December 28, 2012

SolLock's Log: Day 6

I started the day by going back to retrieve the Apricorns that seem to grow so vigorously around here.  After that, I trained my pokémon thoroughly against the wild pokémon on Route 32.  Pitcher got into some interesting wrestling matches against some wild Ekans, but always won out.
As I worked my way southerly, I encountered a youngster named Albert.  Sting was able to take out his Rattata and Zubat, thanks to judicious use of Harden - though that Zubat's Supersonic had her on the ropes for a while, so I had to use a Potion to keep her safe.  Not far from him, I found a Repel.
Following the western side of the route, I encountered a camper named Roland, whose Nidoran was readily dispatched by Arsonist.  Near him I found a Great Ball and TM09: Bullet Seed.  As I pressed on, Watchman came frighteningly close to fainting against a wild Bellsprout. She really needs some training to bulk up.  I snuck past a trainer and, luckily, right into a pokémon center.
At the center, a man gave me an Old Rod, to get me started fishing.  Another man gave me two Lure Balls because I was collecting Apricorns, and told me of a man named Kurt in Azalea town who makes special pokéballs out of Apricorns.  When I left the center again, I spotted a girl amidst the trees behind it.  Upon speaking with her, I learned that she was Frieda of Friday.  Apparently, today was Friday, and so my lucky day, too, as she gave me a Poison Barb.  I, of course, gave it to Sting to hold, since she knows Poison Sting.
After that, I went to the watchful trainer whom I'd avoided earlier.  This youngster Gordon had a Wooper, so I promptly switched out Watchman for Pitcher.  A single Vine Whip ruined his day.
After that, the Egg that I was carrying hatched into a Togepi.  I called Professor Elm right away, and he told me to bring it to him.  He seems to have been a bit confused, though, as he immediately called me thereafter to tell me the same thing.  When I got back to Prof. Elm's lab, I showed him Togepi. He seemed to get very excited about Togepi's rareness and muttered something about legendary pokémon, then gave me an Everstone and sent me on my way.  An Everstone prevents the pokémon holding it from evolving, but I don't have anyone that I'd like to hold it, so I'm just keeping it in my pack for now.
I trained Togepi on Route 29 until he learned a 4th move, though it's Metronome, so I've no plans to use it:  He could end up using Selfdestruct or Explosion.  Then, I trained him against the Poison-types on the upper part of Route 32, since he knows Extrasensory.
Oh, and Joey called.  He apparently failed to catch a Hoothoot.  Then Wade called.  Apparently, his bugs managed to knock out a Hoothoot.  Good on them, I guess.
At the end of our training, Togepi learned Sweet Kiss, which replaced Growl.  Now, it's time for a well-earned rest.


[NOTE:  This entry corresponds to Friday, December 28th, 2012.]

No comments: