Saturday, October 27, 2012

SolLock's Log: Day 1

This morning, Professor Elm asked me to retrieve a pokémon egg from a man named Mr. Pokémon, who lives in a sequestered house on Route 30.  For my journey, he gave me my first pokémon.  I actually had my choice of three, and I took for myself a Cyndaquil, knowing that Fire-type pokémon are not exactly commonplace.  As he was my first, I named him Arsonist - the fire starter.  
Prof. Elm's assistant was also kind enough to give me some Potions for my journey.  
My course took me through Cherrygrove City, where I stopped at the PokéMart and purchased two Parlyz Heals and six Antidotes - though not before being given a whirlwind tour by a man who gave me a set of running shoes for my troubles.  I cannot be too careful in this.  I came across a house that I thought might belong to Mr. Pokémon, but instead belonged to another man, who gave me a case in which to keep the apricorns that seem to grow here and there outside of New Bark Town.  He also gave me directions to Mr. Pokémon's house.  
When I finally arrived at my destination, I met not only Mr. Pokémon, but also Professor Oak himself, who gave me a PokéDex to fill.  Once I got the egg from Mr. Pokémon, I made my way - carefully, again - back to Cherrygrove on my way back to New Bark Town.  Just as I was leaving, though, I was accosted by a trainer who battled me with a Totodile.  I had Arsonist use Tackle to size it up, then the appropriate amount of Leer followed by Tackle.  As he ran off in defeat, he dropped his Trainer Card.  He came back for it, but not before I glimpsed the name "Hobbes" upon it.  This, it would turn out, was not insignificant.  Arsonist was a bit scratched up, at this point, but the Cherrygrove Pokémon Center was fortunately nearby.  
I was able to jump down a few slopes to get back to New Bark Town safely.  When I went to deliver the egg to Prof. Elm, though, I found the lab a mess, and some excuse for a police officer was there, interviewing the professor.  It turns out that someone had broken into the lab and stolen the professor's Totodile.  Lyra had seen a suspicious-looking boy lurking outside earlier, and her description of him matched that of the trainer that I had battled.  I reported what I knew to the police officer, though I doubt that he'll catch Hobbes, especially at the rate that he was fleeing from New Bark Town.  
As I left New Bark Town once more, Lyra stopped me and demonstrated how to catch a pokémon.  Then, she bequeathed some PokéBalls unto me, which was fortunate, for I found that I was unable to avoid the wild pokémon any longer.  I ran into a wild Sentret, which I caught.  I named her Watchman.  After stopping at Cherrygrove for more supplies, I continued to Route 30, where I encountered a Weedle, which I also caught.  I named her Sting.  Finding myself taking care of three pokémon, I decided to spend the rest of the day training them in the grasses outside of Cherrygrove.  This was in easy reach of a Pokémon Center, which was good, because we've had a couple of poison scares - though I do have my Antidotes, if it gets really bad.  
I also battled two Youngsters that I'd seen battling earlier on Route 30:  Joey and Mikey.  Joey even exchanged phone numbers with me, hoping to train together later.  
The training is paying off, too:  Arsonist learned Smokescreen, Watchman learned Defense Curl, and Sting evolved into a Kakuna, whereupon she learned Harden.  

No comments: