Sunday, January 12, 2014

Y-Locke's Log: Day 2

I traversed Route 2 today.  At the end of it, a sign warned of "Santalune Forest Ahead".  About to enter, I was challenged to a pokémon battle by a youngster named Austin.  He had only a Zigzagoon, and Sly was able to take it out in two hits.
To be sure that I was ready to take on the forest, I returned to Aquacorde Town to rest my pokémon once more.
Upon entering the forest, Shauna caught up with me, seeking to tag along in the event that something exciting should happen.
At the signpost up ahead, I was told to keep an eye out for dropped items.  Just starting out on my adventure, I figured that I could use whatever I could get, so why not, right?  In fact, from the sign I could see an item, which turned out to be a potion.
Since I was in a new area, not wanting to knock out whatever I found first, I put Orion up front.  Then, I entered the tall grass, and soon found a Pansear.  Not wanting him to be hit much, I had Orion repeatedly use Sand Attack to lower its accuracy.  Since Pansear's Leer had lowered Orion's defense, though, I switched out to Sly, then back to Orion, to continue carefully whittling it down.  A third tackle from Orion weakened it significantly, and I caught it in a Poké Ball.  I decided to name him Pyrrhini, since he's a fire monkey.  Despite being a fire type, like Sly, I think that Pyrrhini can still make a valuable addition to the team.
On top of that, I found an Antidote just past the grass.  
I promptly returned to Aquacorde to heal the whole team.  Shauna stayed behind in the forest, though.  Upon my return, I rendezvoused with Shauna.
I was able to find another Potion in the forest, but the rest of that area was an overall dead end.  Wandering through the forest to train, Shauna then mentioned that she'd heal my pokémon whenever I wanted.  I wish that she'd mentioned that before my return trip to Aquacorde, but it's all good, either way.
I saw some of the others in the forest, and Shauna found a Paralyze Heal shortly after that.  She offered it to me, and I knew better than to turn it down.
I fought a youngster named Joey on my way through the forest.  I also bumped into Serena, who gave me a Poké Ball.  Then, I fought a lass named Anna, who used only a Pikachu.
Spotting a side trail, I went to explore it, but had to fight a lass named Lise first.  I had Orion out front this time, who handled her team with ease.  It's a good thing that I took that trail, too, since I was able to find yet another Poké Ball.
There was also a potion on the way out.

About to exit the forest, everyone else caught up at about the same time.  We talked for a bit, moved outside of the forest, and talked some more.  Upon departing, I sought out some tall grass on Route 3.  Therein, I found a Bidoof.  I caught it, and named him Theodore.
Soon after, I was challenged by Oliver, a preschooler.  I defeated his team, of course, though his Caterpie was a bit tougher than it looked.  Right after I was finished with that one, though, another preschooler, Ella, challenged me with her Pichu.  
I made it to the Santalune Pokémon Center, and Tierno showed up at about the same time.  He mentioned the PC system and that, conveniently, there are Poké Marts in the backs of Pokémon Centers.  I went around and talked to the other folks there, including a delivery girl who was apparently seeking me out.  I got a Mystery Gift from her, and it turned out to be a Torchic, a little Fire-type birdy.  Lucky me, at that:  It was level 10, the same as Sly, and was holding something called "Blazikenite".  Also, the Pokédex seems unable to identify it. 

I decided to call it a night there.  I think that I may double back to Route 3 tomorrow, to see if there's anything that I may have missed, but otherwise, I've got Santalune City to explore. 

No comments: